Saturday 26 February 2011

Advert break

I thought it would be good to see if I could find some recycled notebooks or something to keep my notes in for when I go into schools and, thanks to the wonders of the internet, I was able to find this very funky stationery:


I was really pleased to see that it is made just down the road in Worcester so not only is it green by virtue of its manufacture, but it's only travelled a few miles to get here. Apparently when the stationery eventually falls apart you can send it back to them for recycling if you don't have the facilities in your area - how cool is that?!

What's nice is that their range isn't all biscuit-coloured and worthy so you don't feel a drudge for doing something eco. You didn't have to buy green-coloured products but I'm a visual learner so I thought it would emphasise the eco message. I particularly like the pen which is made of cornstarch (and writes as nicely as my normal favourite from the Tate Modern). Anyway, here's a quick plug for them:

Remarkable (Pencils) Ltd, The Remarkable Factory, Midland Road, Worcester, WR5 1DS  http://www.remarkable.co.uk/

Advert over!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.